IN LIEU OF SERVICES - INFORMATION FOR PROVIDERS
* This update replaces the information on page 44 in the Sandhills Center Member Handbook.
Sandhills Center offers services or settings that can take the place of services paid for by Medicaid. These are called in lieu of services (ILOS).
Sandhills Center has these in lieu of services:
- Family-Centered (FCT) - FCT is an in-home treatment for at-risk children, adolescents, and their families. This intensive treatment promotes permanency for youth who may have severe challenges and are facing involvement with the juvenile justice system, out-of-home placement and/or reunification with family. FCT is offered in lieu of Intensive In-Home Service.
- Behavioral Health Urgent Care (BHUC) – BHUC is an alternative to the use of emergency departments or hospitals to help people having behavioral health crises receive triage and referral. BHUC is offered in lieu of Emergency Department or Hospital Services.
- Inpatient Institute for Mental Disease – IMD provides 24-hour access to continuous, intensive evaluation and treatment for acute and sub-acute inpatient psychiatric or substance use disorders. IMD service is provided by nursing and medical professionals under the supervision of a psychiatrist. IMD offers services in lieu of Psychiatric Emergency Room Treatment and Inpatient Hospital stays.
- High Fidelity Wraparound (HFW) – High Fidelity Wraparound is an intensive, team-based service that provides family-driven care to address the complex needs of youth/young adults who are involved with multiple systems and are at risk of placement in therapeutic residential or other institutional settings, or have experienced multiple crisis events. HFW is offered in lieu of Intensive In-Home Service.
- In-Home Therapy Services, Children (IHTS) – In-Home Therapy Services (IHTS) is a combination of evidence-based therapy services and coordination of care interventions provided in the home for youth with complex clinical needs whose family systems issues place them at risk, rather than the severity of their diagnosis alone. This time-limited service is offered in lieu of Intensive In-Home Service.
- Long-Term Community Supports (LTCS) – Long-Term Community Supports are a broad range of services adults with developmental disabilities may access as an active treatment to assist them with skills to live as independently as possible in the community. Individuals may choose LTCS instead of placement in an Intermediate Care Facility-Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ICF-IDD) facility, or a state institution, or because they do not have access to an Innovations waiver slot. LTCS is offered in lieu of ICF-IDD residential services.
Members have the right to refuse the substitution and receive the original state plan or waiver service instead.
Need more information about ILOS? Call Sandhills Center Member & Recipient Services: 1-800- 256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778
Contact the Provider Help Desk: ProviderHelpDesk@SandhillsCenter.org