[The claims submission/billing protocol for the Sandhills Center Tailored Plan and NC Medicaid Direct is in development. Further narrative and details will be posted here, when available. including document links and other instructions.]
The Sandhills Center Finance Claims department is responsible for the daily monitoring of provider claims. Claims Specialists review denial data and work with internal staff and providers to correct errors causing claims to be denied. The division also monitors retroactive Medicaid eligibility and recovery of funds. Sandhills Center staff in the Finance Claims department perform the following duties:
- Issue payment and remittance advice (RAs) on paid and denied claims.
- Assist the Sandhills Center Quality Management department with claims quality audit processes.
- Recover funds based on audit findings.
- Audit providers for coordination of benefits.
- Report all credible allegations of Fraud and Abuse to Program Integrity.
The Finance Claims department is located at 1120 Seven Lakes Drive (P.O. Box 9), West End, NC 27376. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, call 910-673-9111.
2022-2023 Tailored Plan Rate Sheet [link coming soon]
Health Insurance Information Notification Form [link coming soon]
Claims Inquiry Resolution Form [link coming soon]
ACH Direct Deposit Form [link coming soon]
837P Companion Guide [link coming soon]
837I Companion Guide [link coming soon]
835 Companion Guide [link coming soon]
Paper Claim Submissions [link coming soon]
Alpha Portal Claim Submission [link coming soon]