COVID-19 Resources for Families and Providers
Sandhills Center is keeping up with the COVID-19 pandemic. We want you to have trusted information to help take away any stress and anxiety you may be feeling.
Sandhills Center COVID-19/Flu Fact Sheet - PDF
US AND NORTH CAROLINA RESOURCES
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS). ·
- Ask questions by calling 211.
- The Sate has a Coronovirus Helpline that is staffed by the Poison Control Center -- 1-866-462-3821.
- Check my Symptoms – Enter your symptoms to see if you need to get tested for COVID-19.
- ReadyNC.gov – Information about disaster/emergency planning in North Carolina
VACCINE AND TREATMENT INFORMATION
- Find Your Spot to Take Your Shot: Find out if you are in the currently-eligible vaccination group and where you can get your shot.
- NC Vaccinations Dashboard Community Testing Resources
- Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions (From the NCDHHS)
- Myths and Misconceptions about the COVID-19 Vaccine from the CDC Spanish-Language Vaccine Informational Videos NCDHHS Partner Organizations Vaccine Toolkit
FOR SANDHILLS CENTER TAILORED PLAN MEMBERS, RECIPIENTS AND OUR COMMUNITIES
- Call Sandhills Center Member & Recipient Services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778).
- How are you feeling? Sandhills Center’s Access2Care offers anonymous, confidential, and free screenings for 13 behavioral health conditions. It also has links to resources and contact information to get more help.
- Anson County - County Government Health Department
- Davidson County - County Government Health Department
- Guilford County - County Government Health Department
- Harnett County - County Government Health Department
- Hoke County - County Government Health Department
- Lee County - County Government Health Department
- Montgomery County - County Government Health Department
- Moore County - County Government Health Department
- Randolph County - County Government Health Department
- Richmond County - County Government Health Department
- Rockingham County - County Government Health Department
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH LINKS:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline -- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- A toll-free Hope Line has been established for older adults experiencing isolation from social distancing - 1-866-578-HOPE (4673).
- Financial Resilience during COVID-19 -- from the National Disability Institute.
- NCDHHS News Release: New mental health supports for all North Carolinians, including healthcare workers and their families (Hope4NC and Hope4Healers helplines)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990 is a national hotline offering crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. Toll-free, multilingual and confidential. Text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. The web link contains information about how to connect to the TTY phone number, and to get services for Spanish language speakers.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has a dedicated resource page for COVID-19
- Tips from the CDC for Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- From the CDC - Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities during the Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- From the North Carolina Council of Developmental Disabilities - COVID-19 Resources for People with Developmental Disabilities