BE READY FOR DISASTERS OR WEATHER EMERGENCIES
The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan wants you to be safe during weather emergencies, natural disasters, and other situations. You need to be ready for bad weather because it could be hard for you to get medications or medical care. Local news can keep you up-to-date on current conditions. They will let you know if storms are coming.
Here are some tips to keep you safe during power outages or snowstorms:
- In you are in danger, dial 911 right away.
- If you are having a behavioral health crisis, call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 1-833-600-2054.
- Keep your doctor/provider contact information handy. Keep it in a safe place so you can easily find it in case of a medical situation.
- Keep your pharmacy’s phone number handy or contact PerformRx on the Pharmacy Line: 1-888-846-1062. This is an important number in case you lose your medications or you run out. Your pharmacy can help you with options on how to replenish your medications quickly. PerformRx will assist you to get early refills when you need vacation supply, lost/stolen supply, leave of absence supply, national disaster supply, delayed mail-order supply, and spilled medication supply.
- Keep a first-aid kit handy. Make sure that it is stocked with bandages, ointment, thermometers and other supplies.
- COVID-19 Resources page -- This page is designed by Sandhills Center to keep you up-to-date with the latest information for the people we serve, their families, providers, and stakeholders.
- ReadyNC.org -- This State website has a lot of good information on how you can get ready for disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, floods, and tornadoes. It also has information about road conditions, power outages, evacuation orders, routes, shelters, re-entry information, and more.
- Visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services website for details about Disaster Preparation and Recovery.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention