Disasters and Emergencies
GET PREPARED FOR DISASTERS AND OTHER EMERGENCIES
Sandhills Center wants you to be safe during weather emergencies, disasters, and other urgent situations. It is important for Sandhills Center to give you current information. Visit these reliable resources:
- COVID-19 Resources page -- This page is designed by Sandhills Center to keep you up-to-date with the latest information for the people we serve, their families, providers, and stakeholders.
- ReadyNC.org -- This State website has a lot of good information on how you can get ready for disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, floods, and tornadoes. It also has information about road conditions, power outages, evacuation orders, routes, shelters, re-entry information, and more.
- Visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services website for details about Disaster Preparation and Recovery.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
GET READY FOR HAZARDOUS WEATHER
If you have a physical or behavioral health condition, it is very important to be ready for bad weather or natural disasters. You need to be ready because it could become hard for you to get medications or medical care. Local media can keep you up-to-date on current conditions. They will let you know if storms are coming. Get ready before a disaster arrives. In serious or life-threatening situations, call 911 immediately. Here are some tips to keep you safe in situations that are not life-threatening, such as power outages or snowstorms:
- Keep a first-aid kit at home. Make sure you check it regularly to ensure that it is stocked with bandages, a thermometer, ointment, and other supplies necessary to handle an urgent medical situation.
- Keep your doctor/provider contact information handy. Keep it in a safe place so you can easily find it in case a medical situation arises.
- Keep your pharmacy’s phone number handy or contact PerformRX. This is important information to have in case you lose your medications or you run out. Your pharmacy can help you with options on how to replenish your medications quickly. PerformRx will assist members in obtaining early refills in instances where you need vacation supply, lost/stolen supply, leave of absence supply, national disaster supply, delayed mail-order supply, and spilled medication supply. [Contact PerformRx, link when approved].
- If someone is experiencing a behavioral health crisis, call Sandhills Center’s Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 1-833-600- 2054. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, including holidays. If someone is in danger of harming themselves or others, dial 911 right away.
Natural disasters and other community emergencies can be unpredictable. Sandhills Center will post disaster declaration alerts and other timely information on this page, when necessary. Please check back for the latest details.