Sandhills Center
Member & Recipient Services:
Behavioral Health Crisis Line:
Nurse Line:
Provider Pharmacy Line:
Main Menu
For Recipients of State-Funded Services

For Recipients of State-Funded Services


The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan has State-Funded services for people living in our 11-county region. These are services paid for by the state or federal government outside of Medicaid services.

Recipients are people who get State-Funded services for treatment or care that is not paid for by Medicaid. Some people who get Medicaid services also may get State-Funded services for specific care that is not paid for by Medicaid. Therefore, some people may be both members and recipients.


You may be able to get state funding if you need behavioral health services and:

Check with your provider to see if you qualify for State-Funded services. Funding is limited. That means even if you qualify to get services, you may not be able to get them if there are not enough funds. If this happens, you may be put on a waiting list by Sandhills Center until more funds are available.

If you are pregnant and using drugs or alcohol, or are a person who injects drugs, you may be able to get help while you wait for services. Call your care manager or Member & Recipient Services at 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778). Let them know about your pregnancy and/or substance use.


Need help? Call Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518- 6778).

We can talk to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Member & Recipient Services is for non-emergency issues and questions. You can call Member & Recipient Services when you have a question about services, to see if you qualify, and to get help finding a provider. You also can ask about changes that may affect your benefits.

If English is not your first language, we can help:

Just call Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778). We will get an interpreter who can talk to you in your preferred language. This service is free.

If you have difficulty hearing or need assistance in communicating, please call us:

If you are reading this on behalf of someone who is blind, deaf-blind, or has difficulty seeing, we can help. We can tell you about providers who have special communication devices. Also, we have services like: 


All people living in the Sandhills Center region can get crisis services. If you have thoughts of hurting yourself or others, or are having severe distress or anxiety, call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 1-833-600-2054. We will talk to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you are in danger or need medical help right away, call 911.

feedback button