WHAT IS AN OMBUDSMAN?
The NC Medicaid Ombudsman is someone you can call if you need help: 1-877-201-3750.
The NC Medicaid Ombudsman makes sure that people and families get the services they need. The NC Medicaid Ombudsman can:
- Answer your questions about benefits.
- Help you understand your rights and responsibilities.
- Give you information about NC Medicaid Managed Care.
- Answer your questions about getting into or out of a health plan.
- Help you with a notice or letter you have received.
- Help you find other agencies that can help you with your health care needs.
- Help with your health care provider or health plan.
- Advocate for people who are having trouble getting health care.
- Help with your appeal, complaint/grievance, mediation, or fair hearing.
- Get you legal help if you have a problem.