The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan values integrated, or whole-person care. That means we want you to have good physical and behavioral health. We want to help you and your family to get and stay healthy.
Sandhills Center has programs to help you reach your goals and gain independence. Helping you to gain self-management skills is a key part of our approach.
Call Member & Recipient Services at 1-800-256-2452 (TTY 1-866-518-6778), to learn about:
- How to quit smoking and using tobacco.
- The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) special supplemental nutrition program.
- Newborn screening program.
- Hearing screening program.
- Diabetes support program.
We want you to have medical and social support. Sandhills Center has Tailored Care Management services. Our care managers can help you with any mental health issue, substance abuse disorder, or intellectual/developmental disability (I/DD). We want to connect you to the program that is right for you.
If you are Pregnant or are Having a High-Risk Pregnancy -- We understand that being pregnant should be a happy time. We want to support you and your baby during and after pregnancy. The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan can connect you to a maternity care manager who can:
- Give you information about high-risk symptoms.
- Offer information about prenatal and well-child care.
- Help you choose the right doctor. Help you with doctor visits.
- Offer resources so that you and your baby get a healthy start.
For Opioid Misuse – The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan also has programs for people who use opioids to deal with pain. People who use opioids sometimes can be at risk for problems.
- Opioid Misuse Prevention and Treatment Program Opioids can have bad side effects such as addiction, overdose, or death. You can get help through this program.
- Pharmacy Lock-in -- This program helps people who are at risk for misuse or overuse of their prescription pain medications (opioids) or nerve medication (benzodiazepine). It also helps people who are getting medications from more than one doctor. If you qualify for this program, then Sandhills Center will help you get your pain medication when: You get a prescription from only one doctor within the Sandhills Center network. You fill your prescription at only one pharmacy within the Sandhills Center network. If you qualify for the Pharmacy Lock-in program, you will get a letter from Sandhills Center that tells you that you have been added to the program. You will be locked into the program for two years. If you do not agree, you can file an appeal before you are locked into this program.
LINKS TO SANDHILLS CENTER HEALTH PROGRAM PAGES
- Sandhills Center Opioid Treatment Plan
- Need help to quit smoking? Tobacco Cessation Support
- Are you pregnant and need to quit smoking? Tobacco Cessation Support in Pregnancy
- Take a free, confidential, and anonymous behavioral health screening - Access2Care