The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan offers comprehensive and flexible training programs to meet the needs of our network of providers.
The Sandhills center Tailored plan consults, plans, develops, coordinates and implements an annual Provider Training Plan in collaboration with staff, leadership and subject matter experts. The Provider Training Plan includes a variety of relevant topics, as well as information about the annual Provider Orientation and quarterly Provider Forums.
These training components are aligned with our Provider and Practitioner Communications Plan. To equip the provider network with the tools they need, our core required training and orientation programs are:
- Offered within 30 calendar days of a provider joining the Sandhills Center network.
- Based on contract requirements and our assessment of training needs.
- Based on NC Medicaid Behavioral Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Tailored Plan requirements, policies and procedures, Sandhills Center‐specific administrative and clinical practices, procedures, policies, programs, and clinical requirements applicable to Network Medicaid and State-Funded services providers.
- Available on the Provider Support Portal [link provided] as determined appropriate by the Sandhills Center Tailored Plan, and upon request by network providers or the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS).
- Representative of the needs of our members.
- Developed to educate providers about effective provider health plan communications.
- Designed to reinforce key concepts about cultural competency.
Center will support providers with virtual and/or face-to-face meetings (as feasible), formal training sessions, and ad hoc programs to support specific initiatives. We hold seminars, workshops, and regional training to educate providers, office managers and health systems on topics such as billing, evidence-based practices, clinical care, health care trends and needs, and clinical policy. I
Information is also available for providers via webinar, in printed materials, on this website, and on the secure Sandhills Center Provider Support Portal.
The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan’s training programs reflect our commitment to having a quality, knowledgeable provider network with a broader role in supporting NCDHHS initiatives. We approach provider training in a flexible manner. We will adjust the training plan/calendar to meet current and emerging needs and priorities. The Provider Training Plan is approved annually by NCDHHS.
ACCESS2ED: SANDHILLS CENTER PROVIDER LEARNING PORTAL
The Sandhills Center Learning Portal Access2Ed was designed to allow staff and network providers to get free, professional training and development. They can participate in training to become better prepared to serve our members and recipients. Staff and providers can complete training on their schedule and build a transcript that documents their participation. Registration is required to get started.
Visit the Sandhills Center Access2Ed Training Portal [link coming soon]
OTHER PROVIDER TRAINING LINKS