Value-Added Services for Members
The Sandhills Center Tailored Plan has Value-Added Services. These are in addition to your current benefits. Value-Added Services include:
- Offers online screenings that you can take yourself at SandhillsCenterAccess2Care.org
- Is available in English and Spanish
- Is anonymous and confidential. That means Sandhills Center does not store or use your personal information.
- Has behavioral health learning resources
- The screenings are for 13 behavioral health conditions:
- Adolescent Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Eating Disorder
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- Substance Use Disorders (including prescription drugs)
- Gambling Behavior
- Wide-Range Screening
- Opioid Misuse
- Psychosis: For Individuals
- Gives you feedback right away when you are finished taking a screening. Feedback may include referral information.
- Offers results that can be printed. You also may email your results to an address that you provide.
To get this benefit: Visit SandhillsCenterAccess2Care.org, or call Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778). If you are in a crisis, call the Sandhills Center Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 1-833-600-2054. If someone is behaving in a way that is a danger to themselves or others, dial 911 right away.
FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
Age: Families of children and adolescents with behavioral challenges
- Helps to empower families through various support groups and workshops. Family Support Advocates host the meetings to offer learning opportunities and support within the members' communities.
To get this benefit: Visit the Calendar for a list of current programs. Contact information for each Family Support Advocate is listed in the event details.
ASTHMA MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Age: Children 2-18
- This program is operated in partnership with community-based organizations and housing resource agencies.
- Children who qualify include those who have had two or more emergency room visits within a 12-month period.
- Support includes -
- Education to identify asthma triggers. It also can help to learn the proper use of asthma equipment such as inhalers.
- A home assessment to understand possible triggers. Referrals are possible, if needed, to home environmental support.
- Supplies to help improve asthma control.
To get this benefit: Talk to your care coordinator/manager, or call Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778).
- A total of 14 meals are delivered to your home (using Mom's Meals delivery service) after you leave an inpatient hospital.
- Care managers will call you upon leaving the hospital to offer the meal benefit.
- You may qualify if:
- You were in the hospital for diabetes or heart disease
- New mothers who are diagnosed with a substance use disorder and not yet in a recovery program are eligible.
To get this benefit: A care manager will call you upon leaving the hospital to offer the meal benefit. If you have not received a call, you may contact Sandhills Center Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., within 30 after you leave the hospital.
PAIN MANAGEMENT SUPPORT AND TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE
- If you are getting opioid therapy, care managers will work with you to help manage your chronic pain.
- The goal of this service is to help you manage your pain and avoid negative effects. It also aims to help you avoid substance use disorders.
- Care managers will help you learn to improve your overall health and well-being. They will help you set goals for therapy and pain management.
- You may be able to get acupuncture sessions for pain management. Up to 12 sessions can be approved, if medically necessary.
- Transportation includes 24 one-way trips (or 12 round-trips). You must report that you have a transportation barrier and no access to public transportation to get this service for your acupuncture sessions.
To get this benefit: Talk to your care coordinator/manager to see if you qualify. You may also call Sandhills Center Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
GENERAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (GED)
- Supports you to attend and complete the GED program. The goal is to improve your ability to get a job.
- Assistance includes -
- Access to a local education coach through the program you choose.
- Free educational and study resources.
- A testing fee voucher when you complete the program and are ready to take the test.
- Access to computer-based testing to complete up to five subject areas.
To get this benefit:
- You must enroll through the community college of your choice within the Sandhills Center region.
- Once you have completed the GED course and are ready to take the test, you can ask for a voucher through your care coordinator/manager to cover the testing fees. You also may call Sandhills Center Member & Recipient Services: 1-800-256-2452 (TTY: 1-866-518-6778), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.